Most Recent Articles
- Come to our free Zoom MFA admissions panel November 8 at 4 p.m. EST!I’m Applying to MFAs: Send Help! is a Zoom panel with creative writing MFA application advice. Register for free today!
- Inconsistent Information About MFA Program FundingThe following creative writing MFA programs are listed as fully funded on the Poets & Writers MFA Programs Database, but do not meet The Workshop’s definition of a fully funded MFA in creative writing.
- Epilogue: Three Months After the MFASo here I am. Three months after graduating from an MFA program in Creative Writing. What am I doing with… Continue reading Epilogue: Three Months After the MFA
- On the Cusp of a Creative LifeImage: Molly Montgomery Two weeks ago, I wrapped up my M.A. program in Creative Writing at UC Davis. I had… Continue reading On the Cusp of a Creative Life
- How Not to Follow UpHey, writers, let’s talk submissions again! It’s been a while. I’ve previously written about what cover letters should look like,… Continue reading How Not to Follow Up
- On Grief, Publishing Your First Novel, and Turning 30I turn 30 this weekend! (I’m hoping the exclamation mark makes it less of a terrifying new phase of life) When… Continue reading On Grief, Publishing Your First Novel, and Turning 30
- Lost at SAIC: A Mini-MemoirAnd so 2018 was off to a bang. Three different bangs. Bang. Bang. Bang. I will enumerate them below. A… Continue reading Lost at SAIC: A Mini-Memoir
- Long Distance Writing WorkshopsSeton Hill University’s MFA program is low-residency. For most of the year, my work-shopping occurs via email with my critique… Continue reading Long Distance Writing Workshops
- Choosing an Emerging MFA ProgramWhen I was applying to fully funded MFA programs for the second time, my strategy was simple: to ignore the rankings as much as possible.
- An Inside Look With Dantiel Moniz, University of Wisconsin-Madison ’18Image: Richard Hurd What is it like living in Madison? How far does your stipend go there living wise? Before… Continue reading An Inside Look With Dantiel Moniz, University of Wisconsin-Madison ’18
- AWP Madness Ensues: Tips and Tricks for Success[Photo credit: Jamie Brown, 2011] With over 12,000 attendees, the annual Association of Writers and Writing Programs Conference is the largest… Continue reading AWP Madness Ensues: Tips and Tricks for Success
- So You’re Waiting to Hear Back from MFA Programs: Post Application Advice With Christy Lorio
For the next two months we’ll be asking some of our first year contributors to talk about the post application period and how they dealt with it last year. What did you do to get through the post application period? I was working at a dead-end job when I applied to MFA programs, and […]